HFTP Connect is looking for professionals involved with the hospitality industry who have writing experience and would like to write original and educational blog posts about their experience at HFTP®’s inaugural HITEC Amsterdam event this March. HITEC® is the world’s largest hospitality technology exposition and conference, and has extended its reach even further with its recent expansion into Europe and Asia. HITEC Amsterdam is the first of three HITEC events planned for 2017, and will be 28–30 March at the RAI Amsterdam Convention Centre in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Pre-conference events will take place on 28 March followed by the full conference from 29–30 March.
If you are interested, please send a brief description on why you would be a good guest blogger along with any writing samples to HFTP Public Relations Manager Jessica Blankenship at (Jessica.email@example.com).
Deadline for submissions is Friday, February 24.
Disclaimer: As an association, HFTP may not endorse or promote a product or vendor. HFTP Connect is educational in nature and blog posts must not be sales-oriented. Products or vendors may only be mentioned in an educational format.
HITEC Amsterdam Guest Blogger Benefits
- Complimentary Full Conference Registration which includes admittance to two full days of education, two full days of exhibits and the HITEC Amsterdam Networking Reception.
- Credit as the author of the blog posts with links to blogger’s web site, social media accounts, etc. of their choice.
HITEC Amsterdam Guest Blogger Requirements
- Three blog posts related to events revolving around the HITEC Amsterdam activities, which may include educational sessions, social events, Entrepreneur 20X (E20X), exhibits, member recognition and more. Email blog posts, along with any pictures, to Jessica Blankenship (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- One pre-conference blog post
- One during-conference blog post
- One post-conference blog post
Guest Bloggers Should Note
- Blogger does not have to be a professional blogger; however, must have good writing skills and an interest in sharing their HITEC Amsterdam experience.
- If an Official Blogger fails to perform the blogger requirements, the blogger will be charged for the amount of the HITEC Amsterdam Full Conference Registration (€299).
- HFTP will help bloggers in securing hotel reservations; however, bloggers are responsible for room, tax and incidentals.
HFTP Connect Blog Post Guidelines
- Each blog post should be about 500 words.
- HFTP requires that the blog posts be original content, written by the blogger.
- Blogger may repost the content on their own blog after the blog is posted on HFTP Connect (with a disclaimer and link indicating the blog post was originally posted on HFTP Connect).
- Qualified Official Bloggers are professionals employed by hotels, resorts, casinos, clubs and consulting firms and/or a current tradeshow exhibiting company. Non-exhibiting vendors do not qualify.
- Official blogger considerations are subject to approval by HFTP, to ensure qualifications are met.
- Not everyone that applies will get picked.
- Postings may not involve information that could give rise to a claim for a violation of the antitrust laws. Specifically, messages are not to involve the following:
- Prices, credit terms or other terms of sale, or what constitutes a “fair” profit level;
- Individual costs, capacity, inventory or sales;
- Individual distribution or marketing information, including territories, customers and suppliers;
- Complaints or disparagement about individual firms, or other actions that might tend to hinder a competitor in any market; or
- Any other unreasonable limitation on competition.
- Postings should not include product or service sales pitches or recommendations.
Blog Post Examples
Examples of blog posts HFTP is considering (but are not limited to):
- Takeaways from education sessions blogger attends
- Blogger experience as an attendee
- Experience of what you find at the convention (trends, products, etc.)
- Blogger’s favorite parts about HITEC Amsterdam
- Why blogger feels/thinks it is important to be at HITEC Amsterdam
Deadline for submissions is Friday, February 24.1