Experience Annual Convention like never before – HFTP is excited to share what this year’s revamped event has in store for attendees. Just around the corner, this year’s event will take place next month from October 19-21, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada USA. Register today to secure a spot and join HFTP at Caesars Palace Las Vegas Hotel & Casino to witness all of the magic that Annual Convention has to offer. See you in Vegas!
- Wednesday Keynotes: James Giszczak and Dominic Paluzzi
- Thursday Keynote: Michael Levie, CHTP
- Friday Keynotes: Mike Clarke, Ph.D. and Neil Hoyne
Meet this year’s 2016 Annual Convention official guest bloggers: Michael Bonn and Josh Bergen CHAE, CHTP. Be sure to keep a lookout on HFTP Connect – the hospitality professionals’ blog – for their take on the event. Read, comment and extend the conversation.
Help HFTP and Three Square, Southern Nevada’s only food bank, in the fight to end hunger. Auction items are currently being collected for the HFTP Helps 2016 silent auction fundraiser, and online donations are being accepted. HFTP will donate 100 percent of the proceeds directly to the charity to help continue to provide wholesome food assistance to residents of Lincoln, Nye, Esmeralda and Clark Counties. Here is how you can get involved today:
Several outstanding HFTP chapters and members will be recognized, and awarded at HFTP’s Annual Convention event. Below are some of this year’s award winners. Learn More>
- 2016 CHTP of the Year: Eduardo Garcia, CHTP
- 2016 CHAE of the Year: Kelly Montgomery, CHAE
- 2016 President’s Award winner: Stay tuned – this award is announced at Annual Convention
- 2016 HFTP Student Chapter of the Year: University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee Student Chapter
- 2016 Paragon Award recipients: Raman P. (R.P.) Rama, CHA Emeritus, CHAE, CHTP and Kris S. Shoemaker, CMA, CGFO, CHAE, CHTP, CPFIM
- 2016 HFTP Chapters of the Year: Tier A (1-35) HFTP Monterey Chapter; Tier B (36-70) HFTP Florida Manasota Chapter; Tier C (71+) HFTP Florida Mid Florida Chapter
New this year, the convention will run the full day Wednesday through Friday. Education sessions will be presented in a variety of formats including: longer workshops, 20-minute fast track sessions, one-hour concurrent sessions and plus the three keynote speakers. Also, vendor interaction this year will allow attendees to meet with vendors in a speed-dating style lunch as well as table top exhibits. Read More>
If you missed my recent blog about “What’s Happening in Vegas” you can find it here. You will find everything you need to know about America’s renowned “Sin City” including the best dining options, nightlife recommendations, trendy shows, casinos, tours and much more. Read More>
Be sure to use the official hashtag for this year’s event when posting on social media: #HFTPinLV. See below to find all of the links to HFTP’s social media accounts.
Stay tuned to HFTP’s main webpages: HFTP/HITEC; the world’s first hospitality-specific search engine: PineappleSearch – mobile app available via iTunes App Store and Google Play; HFTP’s official blog: HFTP Connect; HFTP’s industry-specific, informational news sites: HITEC Bytes (technology), HFTP Club Bytes (club), HFTP News (association); and HFTP’s social media sites: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter (@HFTP) and Instagram (HFTP_HITEC) for the latest news.0