Get Involved and Grow Professionally
HFTP is currently seeking young hospitality industry professionals for our new Young Professionals Advisory Council.
The Young Professionals Advisory Council encourages young professionals to get involved in HFTP and help foster industry involvement into the future. The intentions of the council are to make recommendations for education topics and contents specific to young professionals in the hospitality industry in the areas of finance and technology, as well as grow young professional membership and involvement in HFTP events.
Why Should I Join the Young Professionals Advisory Council?
Young professionals can benefit from being both an HFTP member and an advisory council member in a variety of ways. As future industry leaders, HFTP is committed to your personal and professional growth. Your voice is significant to ensuring that HFTP consistently provides the best opportunities in leadership, education and networking to young professionals.
- Learn. HFTP offers a plethora of educational and career advancement opportunities including webinars, certification programs, hospitality-specific resources, conferences and events around the world to help you grow your career and get ahead. The council lends its members a voice to help decide what topics, issues, trends and subjects are important and should be addressed to better educate our younger members and foster their professional development.
- Connect. Networking is an essential component to success and career development. Today, the value of engaging with like-minded peers is just as important as ever. The council functions as a close network of professionals with similar goals in relatable stages of life. Build upon this network and get support from industry veterans as you reach out to share your ideas with the rest of HFTP’s membership.
- Collaborate. Collaboration is key to not only industry growth — but individual growth, as well. The future of the hospitality industry is shaped by the exchange of new ideas and the spread of knowledge. Young professionals offer valuable insights and a new perspective to emerging industry trends, technological advancements and generational changes. Your input can help HFTP evolve as a cutting-edge professional association in a constantly transforming industry.
- Click here to complete the advisory council application today! (Be sure to check the “Young Professionals Advisory Council” option.)
- Find out more about volunteering for HFTP’s councils and committees.
Briana Gilmore is the HFTP Communications Coordinator.
Briana can be reached at Briana.Gilmore@hftp.org or +1 (512) 220-4017.