Returning this year, HFTP Connect is looking for up to three professionals involved with the hospitality industry who would like to write original and educational blog posts about their Annual Convention experience.
Disclaimer: As an association, HFTP may not endorse or promote a product or vendor. HFTP Connect is educational in nature and blog posts must not be sales-oriented. Products or vendors may only be mentioned in an educational format.
Official Blogger Benefits:
- Complimentary Full Conference Registration which includes admittance to all convention activities, including scheduled meal functions, Opening Party, President’s Evening and educational sessions.
- Credit as the author of the blog post and links to blogger’s web site, social media accounts, etc.
Annual Convention Official Blogger Requirements:
- Three blog posts related to events revolving around the Annual Convention activities, which may include educational sessions, social events, member recognition and more (one before the event, one during the week of the convention and one after).
Guest Bloggers Should Note:
- Blogger does not have to be a professional blogger; however, must have good writing skills and an interest in sharing their Annual Convention experience.
- If Official Blogger fails to perform the blogger requirements, the blogger will be charged for the amount of the Annual Convention Full Conference Registration ($750 USD).
- HFTP will help bloggers in securing hotel reservations; however, bloggers are responsible for room, tax and incidentals.
Blog Post Guidelines:
- Each post should run between 400 to 500 words.
- Click here for the complete list of guidelines.
Examples of blog posts HFTP is considering (but are not limited to):
- Takeaways from education sessions blogger attends
- Blogger experience as an attendee
- Blogger’s favorite parts about the Annual Convention
- Why blogger feels/thinks it’s important to be at the Annual Convention
- Reflection on HFTP membership and its impact as an industry professional
- Discussion of HFTP volunteer opportunities, experience participating in HFTP activities
- Reflection of individuals recognized at the convention
If you’re interested, please send a brief description on why you would be a good guest blogger to HFTP Public Relations Manager Jessica Blankenship at (Jessica.email@example.com).
The application deadline is Friday, August 19, 2016.