Written By: Amirul Islam
We are proud of our newly chartered HFTP Dubai chapter. Dubai is a city where the hospitality industry is growing dramatically. Last month, on August 27, 2016, the HFTP Dubai chapter leaders held the first chapter meeting at the Dubai Marina in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The Dubai Marina is one of the most beautiful places – it is considered the most luxurious man-mad marina in the world – featuring a diversified portfolio of hospitality assets including hotels, serviced residences, restaurants, golf retreats, a polo and equestrian club, Dubai Marina Yacht Club (DMYC) and more.
Current leadership for the newly established HFTP Dubai chapter includes:
- (myself) Amirul Islam, president at HFTP Dubai chapter and income auditor at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C.
- Hesham El Enna, CPA, CHAE, CGMA, vice president at HFTP Dubai chapter and founder and CEO at Smartstone Enterprise
- Haytham Alniwery, treasurer at HFTP Dubai chapter and technology manager at SHEFFIELD HOLDINGS
- Mohammed Rizwan, secretary at HFTP Dubai chapter and director of IT at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
- Rohit Garg, board member at HFTP Dubai chapter and CFO at Al Habtoor Investment LLC
The HFTP Dubai chapter is working to build a professional network combination with both students and experienced hospitality leaders. We are working with The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management in Dubai, UAE to involve more students in volunteering in order to create great hospitality leaders within educational and research programs in the hospitality industry.