HITEC 2012 is June 25 – 28 in Baltimore, Md.
Here are some details on the opportunity:
Disclaimer: As an association, HFTP may not endorse or promote a product or vendor. HFTP Connect is educational in nature and blog posts must not be sales-oriented. Products or vendors may only be mentioned in an educational format.
HITEC Official Blogger Benefits:
- A Complimentary Full Conference Registration.
- HITEC Press Access – Access to all the education sessions, an Opening Party pass, access to the exhibit hall and an invitation to be one of the first to view the new version of GUESTROOM 20X.
- Internet access in the HITEC Press Room to write blog posts (blogger must have own laptop).
- Credit as the author of the blog post and links to blogger’s web site, social media accounts, etc.
HITEC Official Blogger Requirements:
- Five blog posts related to HITEC (one before HITEC, three during the week of HITEC and one after HITEC).
- Email blog posts, along with any pictures, to Katy Walterschedit.
- If Official Blogger fails to perform the blogger requirements, the blogger will be charged for the amount of the HITEC Full Conference Registration ($775 USD).
- HFTP will help bloggers in securing hotel reservations; however, bloggers are responsible for room, tax and incidentals.
Blog Post Guidelines:
- Examples of blog posts HFTP is considering (but are not limited to):
- Takeaways from education sessions blogger attends
- Trends blogger see at HITEC (security, cloud computing, etc)
- What stands out to blogger on the show floor
- Blogger experience as an attendee
- Blogger’s favorite parts about HITEC
- Why blogger feels/thinks it’s important to be at HITEC
- Blogger thoughts on anything HITEC/hospitality technology related
- Length is under 500 words.
- HFTP Connect will link blog post to any web site and social media accounts blogger requests.
- Blogger does not have to be a professional blogger; however, must have good writing skills and an interest in sharing their HITEC experience.
- HFTP requires that the blog posts be original content, written by the blogger.
- Blogger may repost the content on their own blog after the blog is posted on HFTP Connect (with a disclaimer and link indicating the blog post was originally posted on HFTP Connect).
- Qualified Official Bloggers – Are professionals employed by hotels, resorts, casinos, clubs, consulting firms and/or a current HITEC exhibiting company. Non exhibiting vendors do not qualify.
- Official blogger considerations are subject to approval by HFTP, producers of HITEC, to ensure qualifications are met.
- Not everyone that applies will get picked.
- Postings may not involve information that could give rise to a claim for a violation of the antitrust laws. Specifically, messages are not to involve the following:
- Prices, credit terms or other terms of sale, or what constitutes a “fair” profit level;
- Individual costs, capacity, inventory or sales;
- Individual distribution or marketing information, including territories, customers and suppliers;
- Complaints or disparagement about individual firms, or other actions that might tend to hinder a competitor in any market; or
- Any other unreasonable limitation on competition.
- Postings should not include product or service sales pitches or recommendations.
If you’re interested, please send a brief description on why you would be a good guest blogger to Katy Walterscheidt.
Deadline for submissions is Thursday, May 31.