HFTP Annual Convention & Tradeshow Attendees:
Communicate With HFTP Online for a Chance to Win an iPad 2
Social media has become a part of our everyday lives. From checking out what friends and family are doing on Facebook to reading the latest hospitality news on the various online news sources.
Social media is still fairly new for the hospitality industry and ROIs are often hard to grasp. But one thing the industry recognizes is that it’s not all about generating revenue. Sometimes it’s about just getting out there and communicating with each other.
For years now, HFTP has been actively involved in conversations through social media outlets. To celebrate this and promote more online conversations among our members, HFTP Connect is hosting a Social Media Blitz for HFTP’s 2011 Annual Convention & Tradeshow attendees.
Here’s your chance to get involved in the conversation too and maybe even win an iPad 2!
Here’s How You Participate. It’s simple.
Down below you’ll find four different ways you can enter the Social Media Blitz giveaway. You can do just one of the tasks or you can do all four. Each time you do one of the tasks, simply come back here to this blog post and make a comment about what you did and you’ll be entered.
Remember: You have to come back to this blog post and post a comment that you did the task so that you can be entered into the giveaway!
Do all four tasks, comment four separate times and you’ll have four chances to win that elusive iPad 2.
Do one task, comment one time and you’ll have one chance.
It’s up to you on how much you want to participate. But you can only enter up to four times.
Social Media Blitz Tasks:
- Twitter: Tweet about the conference using the hashtag #HFTPAC
- LinkedIn: Join the HFTP group or RSVP to the conference on LinkedIn
- Facebook: “Like” HFTP Global and leave a comment or photo about the conference on the Facebook page
- Flickr: Upload a picture of the conference to the HFTP Flickr group pool
Here are some examples of what we’re looking for in the comments section (doesn’t have to be exact – it’s just to give you an idea of what you can say):
Example 1: I just tweeted using the hashtag #HFTPAC. Here’s what I said: “The education at #HFTPAC this year is awesome!”
Example 2: I RSVPed to Annual Convention on LinkedIn
Example 3: I am a fan of HFTP Global on Facebook and left a comment on the wall.
Example 4: I uploaded a picture of me at the Welcome Reception to the Flickr pool.
Some Quick Rules:
- The Social Media Blitz is open to all registered HFTP Annual Convention & Tradeshow attendees (including registered exhibitors).
- Be sure your full name is included with each comment so we know who you are (don’t use “Guest” as your name).
- The giveaway starts now and will run until Friday, October 21 at 10 a.m. EDT.
- The winner will be announced during the Annual Business Meeting on Friday, October 21.
Some of the tasks can be accomplished before the convention, so start joining the conversation now.
Get the latest news and join the conversation by following HFTP on these social media networks:
LinkedIn: HFTP Group
Katy Walterscheidt is the PR & social media manager for HFTP. She is also the editor of HFTP Connect, the hospitality professional blog. You can reach her by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.