An important word from an HFTP Allied Partner
The American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) is the singular voice representing every segment of the hotel industry including chains, independent hotels, management companies, real estate investment trusts (REITs), bed and breakfasts, industry partners and more. AHLA’s full focus during the COVID-19 crisis has been to protect hotel jobs and ensure small business owners and franchise owners can keep their doors open.
Under AHLA’s leadership, the association and its members have:
- Met with U.S. President Trump, Vice President Pence and leaders in Congress to advocate for urgent assistance to keep hotels from closing and protect employees from losing jobs.
- Sent over 100,000 letters to elected officials via AHLA’s grassroots platform (HotelsACT) sharing their personal stories on how the COVID-19 crisis is affecting their hotels, employees, and the local communities and calling for legislative action.
- Produced content that led to millions of media impressions in nearly every media market across the country to communicate the dire challenges our industry is facing.
Through AHLA’s tireless efforts, the industry successfully lobbied for relief for hotels and our workforce during the COVID-19 pandemic, including but not limited to:
- Expanded unemployment insurance, tax cuts for businesses;
- $349 billion in small business loans, with an additional $250 billion expected soon, and
- $454 billion in medium and large business funding for impacted industries including hotels.
All of this was made possible thanks to AHLA’s fully engaged membership and the advocacy efforts on behalf of the hotel industry. To support AHLA and our continued efforts on behalf of our industry, we respectfully request that you consider the following:
- Support AHLA via membership. Contact: Kiersten Pearce
- Engage in Grassroots Advocacy. Joint Hotels Act for Free ( www.ahla.com/hotelsact )
- Learn more about AHLA’s political action committee (HotelPAC). Contact: Alyssa Clevenger
AHLA plays a vital role representing the hotel industry before elected official across the country. AHLA’s motto is: “All Together Powerful”. These words have never been more true!
Please consider supporting AHLA’s efforts today.
President & CEO
American Hotel & Lodging Association
This letter was shared by Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP) on behalf of the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA).