Call for 2018 Official Guest Bloggers
Would you like to join us at one of HFTP’s major events coming up this year and take advantage of its valuable education and networking opportunities — registration complimentary of HFTP®? Do you have a penchant for writing and an interest in sharing your experiences?
We invite you to become a guest blogger for one of these events in 2018: the brand-new Club Summit, HITEC® Amsterdam, HITEC® Houston, the Club Hotel & Controllers Conference, or the Annual Convention.
The Benefits of Blogging
HFTP Connect® is currently seeking hospitality industry professionals with writing experience who would like to attend an upcoming event and blog about their experiences.
- Become an official guest blogger for any of events you see detailed below, and receive:
- Complimentary Full Conference Registration. Check out the individual event websites to see all of the advantages included in each registration.
- Credit as the author of the blog posts with links to blogger’s web site, social media accounts, etc. of their choice.
Guest Blogger Requirements
- Must write three blog posts related to event activities and personal experiences; relevant topics include educational sessions, social events, exhibits, speakers, awards and more.
- One pre-conference blog post
- One during-conference blog post
- One post-conference blog post
- Submit your blog posts by email in a timely fashion to Briana Gilmore, HFTP communications coordinator, at Briana.Gilmore@hftp.org.
Upcoming Events that Need Guest Bloggers
- 2018 HFTP Club Summit
March 19-20, 2018
Omni Royal Orleans Hotel
New Orleans, Louisiana USA
This new conference will provide club professionals with two days of advanced-level education addressing industry strategy, trends and engagement. Deadline to apply to become a guest blogger at Club Summit: Friday, February 16, 2018
- HITEC Amsterdam
April 11-13, 2018
RAI Amsterdam Convention Centre
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
HITEC Amsterdam offers a unique combination of first-rate education and a hospitality technology specific exposition. Sessions are led by industry peers and experts. The unparalleled expo showcases the latest industry products and services from companies all over the globe. Deadline to apply to become a guest blogger at HITEC Amsterdam: Friday, February 16, 2018
- HITEC Houston
June 18-21, 2018
George R. Brown Convention Center
Houston, Texas USA
HITEC is the world’s largest hospitality technology show that brings together the brightest minds and hottest technology from around the world to one place. It features four full days of top-notch education and three days of exhibits, where attendees can see the latest industry products and services from more than 365 companies. Deadline to apply to become a guest blogger at HITEC Houston: Friday, May 18, 2018
- Club Hotel and Controllers Conference
June 18-20, 2018
George R. Brown Convention Center
Houston, Texas USA
Co-located with HITEC Houston, the Club Hotel and Controllers Conference (CHCC) features two full days of industry-specific education designed to help hospitality controllers and industry experts focus on current and emerging issues, best practices and complex challenges. Deadline to apply to become a guest blogger at CHCC: Friday, May 18, 2018
- HFTP Annual Convention
October 24-26, 2018
Omni Louisville Hotel
Louisville, Kentucky USA
HFTP’s 2018 Annual Convention offers premiere education important to today’s hospitality finance and technology professionals, 30+ vendors onside presenting the latest industry products and services, valuable networking and much more. Deadline to apply to become a guest blogger at Annual Convention: Friday, September 7, 2018
Important Blogging Guidelines
- Each blog post should be about 500 words.
- The blog posts must be original content, written by the blogger.
- If you have your own blog, you may repost the content after it is posted on HFTP Connect (with a disclaimer and link that indicates the blog post was originally posted on HFTP Connect).
- Qualified official bloggers are professionals employed by hotels, resorts, casinos, clubs and consulting firms and/or a current tradeshow exhibiting company. Non-exhibiting vendors do not qualify.
- Official blogger considerations are subject to approval by HFTP, to ensure qualifications are met.
- Not everyone that applies will get picked.
- Postings may not involve information that could give rise to a claim for a violation of the antitrust laws. Specifically, messages are not to involve the following:
- Prices, credit terms or other terms of sale, or what constitutes a “fair” profit level;
- Individual costs, capacity, inventory or sales;
- Individual distribution or marketing information, including territories, customers and suppliers;
- Complaints or disparagement about individual firms, or other actions that might tend to hinder a competitor in any market; or
- Any other unreasonable limitation on competition.
- Postings should not include product or service sales pitches or recommendations.
Other Items Worth Noting
- You do NOT have to be a professional blogger; however, you should have adequate writing skills and an interest in sharing your event experiences and insights.
- If you become a guest blogger but fail to meet the requirements listed above, you will be charged for your event registration.
- We are happy to help you secure your hotel reservation; however, you will be responsible for room, tax and incidentals.
- We will also give you our support to help you in your writing duties, including guidance on interesting blog topics, a thorough in-house review and more.
Get Started Today
If you are interested, please send a brief description on why you would make a good guest blogger, along with any writing samples to Briana Gilmore, HFTP communications coordinator, at Briana.Gilmore@hftp.org.